Effective August 8, 2022
Beginning in August, Austin College health protocols will move from containment to management with less restrictions than last fall. COVID-19 testing and vaccinations will not be required at this time. However, we will continue to monitor community transmission levels and adapt our policies as needed for the protection of our campus and surrounding community.
- Courses will be delivered in person. Students who seek accommodations or technology-facilitated adaptations to address documented learning style differences or disabilities should connect with the Austin College’s Academic Skills Center at 903.813.2454.
- Students who are sick or need to miss class for any reason should contact their professors directly.
- Routine COVID-19 PCR testing will not be required and will not be offered on campus at this time.
- COVID-19 vaccines are not required and will not be offered on campus.
- Campus buildings will remain card-access only. Current Austin College ID is required.
It is everyone’s responsibility to keep our campus community healthy. Please consider the following:
- Practice good personal hygiene.
- Get vaccinated if you are able and stay up to date on boosters.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Students must contact Health Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) and employees must contact Human Resources (email@example.com) if test positive, experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed.
- Wear a mask if you’re experiencing symptoms or have been exposed. You must also isolate and wear a mask if you test positive.
- Due to limited on campus isolation spaces, students who reside within 100 miles of Sherman are expected to isolate at home. The College will do its best to support all other residential students with any available isolation space on campus.
Visit the CDC’s website for comprehensive guidance and COVID-19 prevention information.
Masks are optional, and people may choose to mask at any time.
NOTE: Students, staff, faculty, and visitors must carry a mask when on campus. You may be required to wear a mask in particular spaces and in certain conditions.
- People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask.
- Masks are required for everyone when entering Health Services/Adams Center.
- You may be required to wear a mask when you are in a class, lab, research space, or in an office if specifically requested by a professor or staff member.
- An employee providing services (e.g., IT, Facilities Services, athletic trainer) may require the individuals receiving the service to wear a mask.
- Anyone conducting a meeting or event may require all in-person participants to wear a mask.
- Thank you for continuing to be respectful of those who are at a higher risk or may have family members and loved ones at high risk.
View CDC mask information.
Be respectful of those who wear face coverings in public or want them worn in their private or office spaces. Knowing that COVID-19 is easily transmissible, we ask that you be responsible and caring of one another.
We must continue to be vigilant in preventing the spread of COVID-19. An outbreak at Austin College could jeopardize the community’s health and well-being. Therefore, these guidelines carry the force of college policy. Failure to adhere to these guidelines will be considered a breach of conduct.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.